She cries herself to sleep thinkin' about it
wonderin if she'll ever find herself without
and it's eating her at night, infecting her insides
it's made her heart its meal, so there's nothing she can feel
except that loneliness heartbreak
I said that loneliness heartache
There must be something wrong with her outsides
betraying ugly emptiness inside
She said "I wish I didn't think this is all there is for me
But isn't twenty years enough to find someone to love?"
There's only loneliness heartbreak
call her Miss Lonely and Heartache'd
There hasn't been a day she's not reminded
how alone she is and how bad the night is
She wraps her arms around herself
and repeats the lie that they all tell
"Alone today but not someday
keep your chin up there's still someday"
But she's been saying it now for years
and she thinks someday has disappeared
so she turns her face to the wall
and lets the tears silently fall
She'll be alone tomorrow like tonight
Time to blow out her candle lights.
No comments:
Post a Comment