Pages

Description


As it turns out life is complicated and messy and gritty and dirty. Call it simple or easy if you want, but you're lying to yourself to feel better. It's hard growing up in today's world, it's hard having friends who betray you or families that are hard to like. We all need those everlasting friends and those moments of clarity where we see our lives flash before us, and those times to be completely carefree. As we crash through the jungle of this life, we all steal a few hearts and break a few bones. But hey. That's life right?

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sometimes You Cross My Mind

012411

Have you ever seen that photograph of you and I
holding close on graduation night?
Do you ever wonder what it woulda been like
if it had been a different time?
You never told me, and I never guessed
You never asked me, and I never said
And sometimes it crosses my mind
That we coulda had a story, you and I

A thousand miles away I'm movin' on
From a thousand lies we told under the sun
You always were that one who got away
But now I know I'm better off today
Without you here, without you there
As a regret I made into a nightmare
From the past there's no escape
so I think I'm lucky I got away

but Have you ever seen that photograph of you and I
holding close on graduation night?
Do you ever wonder what it woulda been like
if it had been a different time?
You never told me, and I never guessed
You never asked me, and I never said
And sometimes it crosses my mind
That we coulda had a story, you and I

A thousand times I've seen our story, Trey
and a thousand times I've died in different ways
Maybe I dodged your bullet years ago
But it's your memory I can't let go of
So I might be here, but sometimes I'm there
In your arms and I'd think of where
I'd be without you in my life
if there were no story of you and I

Well have you ever seen that photograph of you and I
Holding close on graduation night?
Do you ever wonder what it woulda been like
If it had been a different time?
You never told me, and I never guessed
You never asked me, and I never said
And sometimes it crosses my mind
That we could had a story, you and I

No comments: