Pages

Description


As it turns out life is complicated and messy and gritty and dirty. Call it simple or easy if you want, but you're lying to yourself to feel better. It's hard growing up in today's world, it's hard having friends who betray you or families that are hard to like. We all need those everlasting friends and those moments of clarity where we see our lives flash before us, and those times to be completely carefree. As we crash through the jungle of this life, we all steal a few hearts and break a few bones. But hey. That's life right?

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thank You

It is certainly strange to see how far I've come this past year. I've grown so much as a person, as a student, and as a friend and confidant. Last year I was a frightened freshmen, entering high school, entering the public school system, for the first time. I didn't know the routine, the students, the campus, or the teachers. I was scared, timid, and shy. Now, I would be virtually unrecognizable to some who once knew me. I have become bold in speaking what I think. I don't hesitate before making the right decision. My self-esteem is high to the point of vanity and egotism. And I am confident. Confident to speak in front of large groups of people. Confident enough to be able to laugh at myself along with everyone else instead of standing in embarrassed silence. Confident enough to live life and not let it pass me by. Confident enough to take opportunities that I would have been too afraid of last year.

I've learned important lessons about procrastination, hard work, and all-nighters. I can survive a full day of high school and enjoy it. I'm able to juggle school activities, church activities, and my homework. I've learned a lot in all of my classes this year, and I've had some of the best teachers to learn from. I've been challenged, stretched, and pushed to my limits and beyond, causing me to step up to the plate. I can be a leader and make my voice heard. Throughout a year of impossible homework loads, crazy schedules, and drama in and out of school, I've been able to maintain a 4.0 GPA.

Even more important than school, I've come to know so many people so much better. I'm learning that sometimes it's better to listen than to speak. And when to keep my mouth shut when I really want to scream. How to deal with rumors and haters, what to do in difficult situations, and that making the right decision and be the hardest thing I'll ever have to do. I've learned that grudges never helped anybody, they only hurt. I know that a smile is the best way to tell people you're there for them. I've learned how far a hug can go. I understand that being a friend is the greatest joy and sometimes the greatest tragedy. I know how important it is to keep a secret; what a privilege it is to be trusted and what betrayal can do to a relationship. I've seen break ups, get-back-togethers, fist fights, broken hearts, broken homes, hurt feelings, and rocky friendships, and I've been there when people need me.

I never could be the person I am today without the help of my friends. I would never be so bold, so confident, or so strong for my friends without my friends. You guys have been there for me. You taught me lessons and let me be a part of your lives. And that's my privilege. Thanks for allthe great times, guys. Thanks for all the laughter, the smiles, the looks, the fun. Thanks for the tears; thanks for the lessons, and thanks for your shoulders, your helping hands. Thanks for being the journal I pour my life story into. Thanks for listening, for caring, for the hugs and the encouragement. Know that I love all of you. You know who you are. Know that you can say anything to me and I'll understand. I would never have made it to this place without you. So once again...

Thanks.


Lacey Mary Brett Jayme Keshia Austin Katie Zach Brad Pete Chase Su Kirstie Tay Daniel Brad Kristen Teasha Kristen Shayla Lindsey Tim Hayley Sophie Kole Lindsay Michael Karl Eren Courtney Cassaundra Joey Freddy Dawson Anderson Beck Doyle Connor Grady Christy Sarah EC Kendra Ashley Angela Marcus Shane Early Kaitlin Vance Stephan Chris David

1 comment:

Keshia.m said...

Wow Katy, that almost made me cry!! Thank you my friend!!! You are always there and that's awesome!! I love you!