Description
As it turns out life is complicated and messy and gritty and dirty. Call it simple or easy if you want, but you're lying to yourself to feel better. It's hard growing up in today's world, it's hard having friends who betray you or families that are hard to like. We all need those everlasting friends and those moments of clarity where we see our lives flash before us, and those times to be completely carefree. As we crash through the jungle of this life, we all steal a few hearts and break a few bones. But hey. That's life right?
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Dear People of the World:
At this very moment, I am being asked to evacuate from my home. The fires aren't too close, but they are close enough that the neighborhood is shrouded in fog. Some people are leaving right away, others are staying around long enough to turn on their sprinklers on and wet down their timber-dry land. We have about half and acre of land behind our house that is pure tinder, just waiting for a spark. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared, a little freaked. But my adrenaline is going crazy. One of our neighbors, Tom, is staying behind. Apparently, he used to be a fire fighter and he has a fire hose in his garage. He plans to defend his block from any fires. He's pretty BA. I don't know how much land is on fire, but I know it's more than 10,000 acres. The planes are going by overhead. The police have set up a roadblock on our street. There are rumors of fires everywhere. The wind is blowing and who knows what might happen. Pray for me, for my friends, many of whom have already evacuated, and for my house. I love you guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woah Katy!! That scares me to read that! Are u okay? Are your neighbors okay? Is your house okay? I hope everyone is fine!!!!
Post a Comment