Pages

Description


As it turns out life is complicated and messy and gritty and dirty. Call it simple or easy if you want, but you're lying to yourself to feel better. It's hard growing up in today's world, it's hard having friends who betray you or families that are hard to like. We all need those everlasting friends and those moments of clarity where we see our lives flash before us, and those times to be completely carefree. As we crash through the jungle of this life, we all steal a few hearts and break a few bones. But hey. That's life right?

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Fearful, Hopeful, or Confident?

"Change has considerable impact on the human mind.
To the fearful it is threatening because things may get worse.
To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better.
To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."

- King Whitney Jr.

I think he's right. This change, this move will happen no matter what, but my attitude and my outlook affect how I'm going to deal with it. This is something I'm going to have to ask myself sooner or later- am I fearful, am I hopeful, or am I confident? Do I think that things may get worse? Or do I think that maybe they'll get better? Or do I think that this change, this challenge exists to make things better? Is this change all bad? Or could some good come out of it if I give it a chance? Is the glass half full or half empty? It all depends on your outlook. It alll depends on your point of view. From different points of view, bad things can become good and good things can become bad. How am I going to see this?

Your Philosophical Blogger,

Katy

2 comments:

Nudle said...

Change is good. Change is opportunity. Change opens new doors. Like all things, you have to make it your own.

Katy said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom nudle, I really do appreciate it. This move thing is hard, & any words of encouragement are definitely welcomed.